Wednesday 21 September 2011

Vichy Spa Water Workshop





Thanks to Tiphanie and Pearlin for the invite to this exclusive event to get to know more about the new Vichy products.


I was surprised that Vichy actually manufactured their own brand of sweets :) It was very refreshing...


Before the start of the event, we were being treated to sandwiches and salad.


We were given a brief introduction on what Vichy is all about.


The main ingredients in all Vichy products is Vichy Thermal Spa Water.

Vichy Thermal Spa Water = The Power Life Water


It's known for its excellent tolerance on sensitive skin.


Test done on Vichy Thermal Spa Water against other brands have proven:
- highest protection against environmental aggressors
- highest mineral content among all spring water brands


The key benefits of Vichy Thermal Spa Water:
- Soothing: Anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant
- Fortifying: Strengthens and protects skin tissue against ageing
- Regenerating: Stimulates cell renewal


The active ingredients found in all Vichy products are:
1) Vichy Thermal Spa Water
more than just water, it is a true health promoting active ingredient that soothes, fortify and regenerates the skin.

2) Aquabioryl
A new generation ultra-hydrating ingredient that amplifies comfort and soothing sensations, giving softness to the skin. Intensively hydrates 100% of the epidermis.

3) Hyaluronic acid
Penetrates into the skin and protects it from harmful external agressions. Locks in water molecules for 24 hours. Creates a protective film on the skin's surface, which acts as a barrier against water loss from skin cells.


The new Vichy product, Aqualia Thermal Mask was also introduced.


After the presentation, we were given the chance to try out the best selling product, Vichy Eau Thermale. It can be used as a hydrating mask by spraying the product on a dry pill mask.


After hearing all the goodness about the product, I can't wait to try it on my face. I thought facial mist could only be use to hydrate the face but I wasn't aware that they could be used as a hydrating mask too.


After about 20 minutes of application, I could feel that my face is very hydrated and supple. The face appears more plumped and radiant and I like this mask because it leaves a soft powdery finish on my face which is so smooth and helps to lock the moisture.

I sprayed more facial mist on my skin after the mask and I love the smell of the mist as it's very refreshing and the mist is very fine hence it's easily absorbed by the skin.

I tried Vichy Aqualia Thermal Aqua Gel for a month


Ingredients:

I feel that my skin still feels very hydrated and supple when I wake up the next morning and I can simply splash my face with running water and continue with my usual skincare steps without having to wash my face with cleanser. The moisturizing effect is very good and doesn't feel oily at all. This works very well on my combination skin. I even used it as a sleeping treatment for my skin once a week by applying a thicker layer on my skin and slowly massage in before I go to bed.


I also tried Vichy Auqalia Thermal Mask for a month.


How to use:
Apply a generous layer on make-up free skin. Leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse or wife off excess. Avoid eye area.
Ingredients:


I used this mask twice a week to constantly keep my face well-hydrated as dehydrated skin can easily cause fine line and wrinkles to form. The effects of this mask is quite similar to the thermal water + pill mask. I could see that my face appears more radiant, hydrated and supple. But this take a much shorter time and I love this mask because i use this as an emergency treatment to my skin when I don't have enough sleep. In the morning, I'll apply a thick layer of mask on my face and leave it on for 10 minutes. After which, I'll do a little massage with the mask before I wipe away the excess. I can feel that my face becomes more radiant and lifted. My skin doesn't appear too dull.

I feel that these Vichy products are very nourishing for my skin and prepares my skin for the makeup as my makeup stays on longer throughout the day and it becomes much easier to apply the foundation on my skin.

A wonderful invention from Vichy laboratories indeed!